1/1 Photo of Pork Sirloin Roast With Thai Peanut Sauce (Slow Cooker)
4 hrs 30 mins
I was going to make satay but then saw a beautiful pork roast. So I used it to make a roast that was a real hit at home. I used a 5 quart slow cooker for this. If you use a boneless roast or a different size slow cooker, your time will differ. I am guessing the number of servings. The calorie count is off, as you get a lot of bone in that roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs bone-in pork sirloin roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons palm sugar or 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons nam pla
- 4 -6 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon sambal oelek (to taste)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1Heat large skillet with oil. Season pork roast with salt and pepper and brown on all sides in skillet. (If you are using a boneless roast, be sure to tie at 1 inch intervals with kitchen twine). This will take about 20 minutes.
- 2While that is browning, combine all of the sauce ingredients except for the broth in a blender or bowl, and blend until smooth in the blender or with an immersion blender.
- 3Remove pork roast and place in slow cooker. Reduce skillet to low.
- 4Pour the broth into the skillet and deglaze. Pour into the sauce and buzz briefly to incorporate.
- 5Pour over the pork roast.
- 6Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, or until roast reads 140-145 deg F. on an instant read thermometer.
- 7Remove roast to a platter, cover with foil and allow to rest about 10 minutes.
- 8Buzz the sauce briefly to smooth it out, if you need to. (Mine just needed stirring).
- 9Slice pork and serve with sauce, garnished with chopped scallions and peanuts. (As I look at the sauce, I think it might be enough for about 6 servings. It's enough for me, but you might want more).
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Sirloin Roast With Thai Peanut Sauce (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (1785 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4131.3
- Calories from Fat 2103
- Total Fat 233.7 g
- Saturated Fat 73.0 g
- Cholesterol 1524.7 mg
- Sodium 2023.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 462.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: