1 hr 10 mins
A delicious, tender pork roast in about an hour using a pressure cooker. DO NOT USE PORK LOIN (it will be too dry).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled (leave whole)
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 medium red potatoes, unpeeled and left whole (pierce each with knife tip)
- 1 bay leaf
- flour, for thickening gravy (or cornstarch)
- 1Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a 10-quart pressure cooker, over med-high heat. Sear the roast on all sides.
- 3Add all ingredients, except flour (or cornstarch) to pan, arranging potatoes on top of roast.
- 4Close and lock lid. Bring to pressure (according to manufacturer's instructions for your brand) and cook for 45 minutes at high pressure.
- 5Release pressure using natural release method. This may take about 10 minutes.
- 6Remove vegies and roast from pan and keep warm. Mix about 2 tbls flour (or cornstarch) with a little cold water and stir into sauce, cooking until thickened (may take more flour, depending on how thick you want the gravy).
- 7Carve meat and serve with vegies and gravy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Shoulder Roast in Cider-Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1298.9
- Calories from Fat 717
- Total Fat 79.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 241.7 mg
- Sodium 465.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 66.0 g