Recipe by Ziggy_Star
A quick and delicious Japanese dish. I think it's best served with plain white rice and fresh leaf lettuce.
- 1⁄2 lb pork loin, sliced thinly (the thinner the better,)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sesame seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the soy sauce, mirin and grated ginger in a small bowl.
- If the pork if fatty, make small cuts in the fat to prevent the pork from curling while cooking. Place pork slices in dish and cover with the the soy sauce, mirin and ginger marinade for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the sliced pork.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 minute and flip the slices over. Add the marinade and cook until pork has browned and sauce is reduced. Remove from heat and sprinkle pork slices with sesame seeds.
- Serve with white rice and leaf lettuce.