1/1 Photo of Pork Shepherd's Pie
1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from a Taste of Home cookbook. It is a bit time consuming, but worth the effort! My husband suggested putting in some veggies, because what is Shepherd's pie without them? I used fresh carrots and corn, which I cooked beforehand. I also used regular mustard instead of Dijon, since that's what I had on hand. I used pork chops cooked in the crockpot with a little broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- 2Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- 3Mash potatoes with the cream, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, and pepper. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the mashed potatoes into a greased shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- 4In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in remaining butter until tender.
- 5Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth, mustard, thyme, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- 6Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pork; heat through. Pour over the potato crust.
- 7Pipe or spoon remaining potatoes over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 658.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: