Recipe by Ms. Ayon's dishes
Nothing more comforting then this. Full of flavor and filling. DELICIOSSSO!!!
Top Review by rsnelling42
Oh my goodness! I can't believe this was so delicious! I was looking for a recipe to use up a leftover pork roast. I had all the ingredients on hand for this so I figured I'd give it a try. I also added 9 ounces of frozen corn in with the meat. I was expecting a good, filling meal. What I got was a meal so delicious that I can't wait till tomorrow when I can eat the leftovers! This doesn't taste like your typical bland shepherd's pie, this is fantastic!
- 2 cups well packed cooked lean roast pork
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour (if needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups roast pork drippings
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove fat and gristle from meat: chop, measure, set aside.
- Cook and mash potatoes,. Whip with electric beater, adding half the butter and enough cream to make a smooth mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While potatoes, cook, melt second half of butter in frying pan: add onion and garlic; saute 8 minute or until onions are golden.
- Add flour (if not using gravy), stir until blended. Add drippings, broth or gravy. Stir until smooth and thickened. Add mustard, thyme and chopped meat; heat through. Add half the parsley.
- Spread 1 cup of potatoes in bottom of buttered 1 1/2 -2 quart baking dish. Pour meat mixture over top. Pipe or spoon mashed potatoes around edge.
- Bake in center of oven at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with remaining parsley.