Prep 3 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Our administrator thinks his mother is the best cook in the world. So when I mentioned that I'd had this great dish at a restaurant, and he mentioned that mole is so easy the way his mother does it, I needed the recipe. I've made it many times and maybe Carlos is right: his mother just might be the best cook! So simple, but tasty as all get out.
- 4 meaty pork shanks, about 3-4 inches thick
- 1 (125 g) jarof prepared mole (Donia Maria works great)
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups soup, base
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute or 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- Mix mole, broth and sugar in slow cooker until blended.
- Add pork shanks and bay leaves.
- Cook on low for approximately 8 hours or until meat is fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Serve with rice.
Easy and good, just like she says. Very tender. I just wish they were easier to find here in Cola, SC.