1/2 Photos of Pork Schnitzel With Noodles and Browned Cabbage
Cooking Light Magazine, Jan/Feb, 07 issue. I have had this saved for a special occasion and the night before the inauguration of the 'Cafe Ponce' we had this meal. It was also to try it out for the newer menu. The meal was scrumptious! Absolutely delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- caraway seed (optional)
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 4Combine noodles and sour cream in a large bowl, tossing well to coat.
- 5Just before serving add chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- 7Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 8Add cabbage, onion, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to pan & smidgen of crushed red pepper flakes(if using); cook 6 minutes or until cabbage is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- 9Add caraway seeds, if using (they are strong so use sparingly).
- 10Add broth; cook 6 minutes or until cabbage is lightly browned.
- 11Stir cabbage mixture into noodle mixture.
- 12Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- 14Cut pork crosswise into 12 (1-inch-thick) pieces.
- 15Place each piece between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- 16Sprinkle pork evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes if using.
- 17Place flour in a shallow dish.
- 18Place egg whites in a shallow dish.
- 19Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- 20Dredge 1 pork cutlet in flour.
- 21Dip in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 22Repeat with remaining pork, flour, egg whites, and breadcrumbs.
- 23Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; add 4 pieces pork to pan.
- 24Cook 3 minutes on each side or until pork is lightly browned and done.
- 25Remove pork from pan.
- 26Repeat procedure twice with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and pork.
- 27Serve with cabbage/noodle mixture, & lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Schnitzel With Noodles and Browned Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.5
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.0 mg
- Sodium 854.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 33.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth