1/1 Photo of Pork Schnitzel With Lemon-Caper Cream
Recipe from Michaela Rosenthal, winner of The National Pork Board’s “America’s Favorite Family Recipes Contest” in celebration of National Eat Dinner Together Week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch circles (boneless loin chops work well also)
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
Lemon-Caper Cream Sauce
- 1Pound pork circles between pieces of plastic wrap to flatten to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 2Sprinkle both sides of medallions with lemon juice.
- 3Combine flour and poultry seasoning in shallow dish. Coat medallions with flour mixture; shake off excess flour and set aside.
- 4In a deep pie plate, beat the eggs and mix in the mustard.
- 5Place bread crumbs in another pie plate. Dip the pork medallions into the egg mixture; coat well with bread crumbs.
- 6Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- 7For the cream sauce, melt the butter in a small heavy saucepan.
- 8Add shallots and sauté over medium heat until fragrant (approximately 2 minutes).
- 9Remove saucepan from heat; add the wine, chicken broth and cream.
- 10Return saucepan to heat and bring to a boil.
- 11Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes to reduce by half.
- 12Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large heavy skillet.
- 13Add half of the medallions; fry over medium-high heat on both sides for 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 14Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Repeat with remaining oil and medallions.
- 15Remove sauce from heat and stir in lemon curd & capers.
- 16Serve with buttered spaetzle and garnish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Schnitzel With Lemon-Caper Cream
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.0
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 197.8 mg
- Sodium 931.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: