1/1 Photo of Pork Schnitzel With Creamed Leeks
Kiwi Kathy's Note:
Found this recipe on the internet when looking for something to use some schnitzel and a leek that I had in the fridge. Nice and easy plus very tasty. Made a perfect Friday night whip-up. I didn't have fresh herbs so sub'ed with dried herbs and omitted the parsley, but have copied the recipe as it was originally submitted. Will definitely be making again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cream, thickened
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, Campbell's if possible (liquid)
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 tablespoon parsley, flat leaf and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 500 g pork schnitzels
- 6 sage leaves
- 1Place leek, cream and stock in a medium saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir through mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs, herbs and S & P in a shallow bowl. Place flour onto a plate. Whisk eggs and milk together in a shallow bowl.
- 3Dip pork into flour shake off excess. Then dip pork into the egg and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add pork and cook for about 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and rest for 5 minutes.
- 5Wipe the pan clean. Heat a little more oil in the hot pan, add the sage leaves and cook 2 -3 minutes or until crisp.
- 6Spoon creamed leek onto plate, top with pork schnitzel and crispy sage leaves.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Schnitzel With Creamed Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 281.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: