Recipe by Chippy
I love to eat out and I think that this is even better than the schnitzel we can get at our local German restaurant. I found the recipe on the RecipeSource web site.
Top Review by lkulferst
This is the BEST recipe for pork sschitzel ever! I have been making it for a long time...not sure where it originated from but great none the less! I f you go tno schnitzel, them pound boneless pork....same thing really.
- 6 pork cutlets
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound pork to 1/4 to 1/8" thick.
- Mix 1st amount of flour with seasoned salt& pepper.
- Mix egg and milk.
- Mix the bread crumbs and paprika.
- Coat meat with flour, then dip in egg mixture and then the bread crumb mixture.
- Allow to set on a wire rack for 10 mins.
- Brown quickly on both sides in shortening in a large skillet.
- (about 2 to 3 mins per side) Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Pour broth into skillet, scraping to loosen crusty drippings.
- Blend the flour and dillweed into the sour cream.
- Stir mixture into the broth.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened; do not boil.
- Serve with pork.