1/2 Photos of Pork Schnitzel
Queen Dana's Note:
This is from Simply Recipes (in my opinion the best food blog out there!) www.simplyrecipes.com by Elise Bauer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (1 pound total)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (Spike or Lawrey's, or just substitute plain salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs or 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, grapeseed oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 1Use a meat hammer to pound the pork cutlets to 1/4-1/8 inch thickness. Cut small slits around the edges of the cutlets to prevent curling.
- 2Set out 3 shallow bowls. One with a mixture of the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. The second with the egg and milk whisked together. The third with a mixture of the bread crumbs (or panko) and paprika.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Dredge the cutlets first in the seasoned flour, then dip the cutlets in the egg mixture, and then into the mixture of bread crumbs and paprika.
- 4Working in batches, sauté the cutlets for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the cutlets from the skillet and cover with foil or place in a warm oven to keep warm.
- 5Add the chicken stock into the skillet to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen the brown bits. In a small bowl mix the dill and salt into the sour cream. Stir the sour cream mixture into the chicken stock. Heat and stir until mixture thickens (do not let boil).
- 6Serve the cutlets with the sauce, and lemon slices if you like.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Schnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.7
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 187.8 mg
- Sodium 637.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 47.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: