1/3 Photos of Pork Scalopine With Feta and Pine Nuts
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A delicious-sounding recipe that I'm intending to make soon, found this morning at the hairdresser's - I usually come away with several recipes! :) This one is from the February/March issue of the New Zealand magazine 'dish'. There are serving suggestions for a salad comprising a thinly sliced raw fennel, rocket, orange and roasted almonds, but obviously you can serve this with a salad of your choice. My preference would be to serve it with a potato salad and salad greens. the preparation and cooking times below do not include the 5 minutes resting time after the pork rolls have finished cooking.
My Private Note
Pork Sc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 550 g pork fillets (just over 171/2 ounces) or 550 g pork schnitzels (just over 171/2 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, a mixture of basil, oregano, marjoram, thyme, mint or 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- kitchen string, for assembling
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 100 g firm feta (approximately 31/2 ounces)
- 1Cut the pork in 2 cm/3/4 inch slices, place cut side down between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound to 1/2cm/1/4 inch thick slices; you will have about 8 slices.
- 2STUFFING: Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, selected herbs, lemon zest, garlic and pine nuts in a bowl; add the olive oil and stir with a forkuntil they are well-combined and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- 3ASSEMBLING: Lay the pork slices on the bench and spread with the Dijon Mustard; divide the breadcrumb mixture evenly between the slices of pork, pressing in onto each piece lightly; cut the feta into long slices and lay one on each piece of pork; roll up each piece of pork and secure it with kitchen string. Refrigerate if not cooking immediately.
- 4COOKING: Preheat the BBQ, brush the pork rolls with olive oil and season; grill over a medium heat, turning to cook on all sides, for a total of about 6-8 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the rolls. Remove the rolls to a plate and cover loosely and rest for about 5 minutes before serving them.
- 5SERVING: Snip off the string and cut the rolls in half on the diagonal; transfer to a serving platter and serve with a thinly sliced raw fennel, rocket, orange and roasted almond salad; or your choice of salad.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Scalopine With Feta and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 511.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: