Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish has such a rich, delicious flavor. It's one you will want to make over and over again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Slice the pork tenderloin into ½ inch slices on a diagonal.
- 2. Pound thin between plastic wrap with a meat mallet.
- 3. Sift together the flour and salt.
- 4. Lightly dredge the pork and shake off any excess flour.
- 5. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 6. Cook the pork 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and transfer to a warm plate.
- 7. Wipe out skillet.
- 8. Heat a tablespoon of butter in skillet.
- 9. Add the capers, white wine and lemon juice.
- 10. Allow to reduce just a little before adding the final tablespoon of butter.
- 11. Mix slowly to incorporate and remove immediately from the heat.
- 12. Spoon the sauce over the pork and serve.
I can't thank you enough for this delicious fast and easy recipe. I didn't have white wine so I substituted chicken broth. Upon reading another review I decided just to pour the excess oil out of the pan and use the drippings to help as a thickening agent. A terrific recipe and the sauce is just wonderful! We loved it! Thanks again!<br/>P.S. I made this again. I bought very thinly sliced boneless pork chops and I didn't have to spend time pounding it out. I added about a tablespoon of flour to the drippings and let it cook for about a minute on Med. low. Then added all the good stuff. It was perfect! There is so much you can do with this recipe!
We had a pork tenderloin to cook and love capers so picked this recipe to try. I was very, very easy! And had great flavor. I think I would like a thicker sauce but the pork and angel hair pasta we had with it soaked up the sauce flavor just fine. Thanks for a good and easy recipe!
WOW!! This was awesome!! I had never cooked scallopini before, and it was easy and the caper sauce was excellent. I made it for guests and they raved about it. I will definitely make this again. I forgot to add the second tablespoon of butter, but it was good anyway!!!