"Pink Eyed" Jim Cortina's Note:
I'm not sure if this is authentically German, but with pork, beer and sauerkraut it's close enough for me. This is excellent served over spaetzle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Render the fat out of the bacon, then cook until crisp.
- 2Removed the bacon from the pan, without draining oil.
- 3Saute the onion in the bacon fat until nicely caramelized.
- 4Add the pork strips and brown on all sides.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Add garlic about 1 minute before the pork is done.
- 7Add the sauerkraut and saute about 10 minutes, until the sauerkraut starts to brown and wilt a bit.
- 8Sprinkle the sugar over the sauerkraut and mix in.
- 9Mix the paprika into the beer, and add to the pan.
- 10Cook until most of the beer has evaporated.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Serve with reserved bacon crumbled on top.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Sauteed with Sauerkraut
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 828.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 26.3 g