Recipe by Latchy
I am posting this recipe for myself,as it sounded interesting. It comes from an Australian Book called The Great Australia Gazateer
Top Review by ellie_
Although this is a different way to have sausages I thought it needed a bit of a kick to it. I only used two onions, but added one green pepper to make up for the one I didn't use and used 2 cups apple juice and 1/8 cup sherry for the cider. I think there may be too much liquid in this dish and I would recommend decreasing the liquid by half.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, golf ball size grated
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, crushed in mortar and pestle
- 500 ml cider
- 8 thick pork sausage links
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180dC.
- Heat oil in a heavy based pan, add onions, apples and ginger and cook until soft.
- Add mustard seeds and water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove mixture to warmed ovenproof dish.
- Deglaze pan with cider and add to onion mixture.
- Fry sausages in pan until browned.
- Drain and add to onion mixture.
- Bake in oven, uncovered for 25-30 mins.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.