Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another winner from Ms. Paula H. Deen!
Make and share this Pork Sausage Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage links, cooked and drained
- 3 -4 cups apples, peeled,cored and sliced (tart is best)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package cornbread-muffin mix (prepare batter according to manufacturers directions, but do not bake)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Arrange the sausages in the bottom of a 9"x9" baking dish.
- Layer the apples slices on top of the sausage.
- Pour the corn bread/muffin batter over all.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
This recipe is one of those 3 ingredient wonders. Sausages, apples and corn bread mix and there you go! Not a bad combination at all, even though we where not completely over the moon. I used the recipe for Homemade Corn Bread or Muffin Mix, using 2 cups of it, and served the pudding with Spicy Hot Pepper Jelly.
Paula calls this "Piggy Pudding" in her cook book, and I can see why. My son and his friend, ate the whole pan in one sitting. I used Johnsonville Brown Sugar Honey Breakfast Links and 4 large Granny Smith apples. Maybe next time, I will get more than just a taste.:( Oh, my package of sausage was only 12 ozs., but I don't think they noticed. Thanks for posting!