Recipe by susanmlj
This is the best Dutch oven stuffing ever. Our family "always" wants us to bring this to our Thanksgiving dinners.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork sausage
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 lbs white bread
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausage in the Dutch oven, and add the onions, celery, pepper, and garlic after the sausage is partly browned.
- When the meat, onions, pepper, and celery are well-cooked, break up the bread into small pieces and add it to the pot. Add the margarine and spices. Mix.
- Bake with even heat on top and bottom for 1 hour more, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes to assure that the bottom doesn't burn.
- Serve hot with turkey and gravy.