Recipe by Chef Learnee
This is an easy to prepare, tasty dish using simple ingredients...my family loves it! If you can't find the hash browns with onions already in with the potatoes, just saute 1/3 cup chopped onion and add that to the mix before baking. While I use a 4 cheese blend, cheddar cheese alone would be fine also...the cooked cheese makes a delicious crust in the casserole. Frozen hash browns would work too just thaw them before adding to the mix. Perfect for a brunch, we also love it for supper too!
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 20 ounces refrigerator case hash browns with onions
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese - four cheese blend
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and drain grease.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and stir in the milk.
- Add the sausage, hash browns, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into 2 well greased round 2 qt pyrex bakeware casserole dishes uncovered, dividing them equally.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.