Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Something different to do with sausage. Makes a very tasty sausage patty with very little effort and simple ingredients. This recipe is from my mother. She made them when I was growing up and I have no idea where the recipe came from.
- 118.29 ml apple, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 453.59 g bulk pork sausage
- Mix all ingredients and form into patties.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes at 350° F.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Note: If desired, you can slice some additional apples into 1/4 inch thick rings, sprinkle them with a little sugar and bake them at the same time as the patties, covered.
- Serve each patty on an apple ring.
These were very good! My picky little boys ate and enjoyed. We had it for dinner but I'm looking forward to eating the leftovers for breakfast tomorrow. Ran out of breadcrumbs, so had to use 1/2 cup crushed ritz-type crackers which worked fine.
Very good patties. I served for breakfast with pancakes so next time I will grate to apple. I added sage and apple juice to my plain gr. pork.
I served this in a bun as a pork/apple burger. Not too bad but too sweet for our tastes. Another time I would leave out the brown sugar. The baked apple slices were a very nice addition to the burger, served with lettuce, tomato and jalapeno havarti cheese.