Recipe by Donna M.
Something different to do with sausage. Makes a very tasty sausage patty with very little effort and simple ingredients. This recipe is from my mother. She made them when I was growing up and I have no idea where the recipe came from.
- 1⁄2 cup apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and form into patties.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes at 350° F.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Note: If desired, you can slice some additional apples into 1/4 inch thick rings, sprinkle them with a little sugar and bake them at the same time as the patties, covered.
- Serve each patty on an apple ring.