Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like, subsitute 1 cup apple juice for the wine
- 4 pork blade steaks (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Cook pork steaks in skillet over medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and reduce heat.
- Place onion and sauerkraut over pork.
- Mix wine, paprika and garlic and pour over sauerkraut.
- Cover and simmer 35 mins til pork is tender.
This was excellent. I did add some sliced apples & used apple juice substitution as had no wine. Also sprinkled just a touch of brown sugar on top of each steak at the very end. We ate it with noodles. Yummy! Can't believe more reviews aren't here.
A very tasty recipe I love sauerkraut and this is such an easy recipe. Net time I will add some apple as well Thanks for posting Bluenoser