Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is common way to eat in Finland, in earlier days it was eaten almost daily. Now with the fusion cooking and all this is usually served in schools and office lunch-diners.
- 600 g pork, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 50 ml flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 700 ml water
- Brown the Side Pork, a few at a time, in a saucepan.
- Season the slices with salt and pepper.
- Place the meat preferably into a cast iron casserole pot.
- Sauté the chopped onions in the remaining fat from the pork slices and then place them in the pot.
- Add the flour to the remaining fat. When the flour is a light golden brown, pour the water into the saucepan, whilst constantly stirring. 6. Pour the sauce over the meat, in the cast iron casserole pot, and allow it to simmer at a low heat for at least 20 – 30 minutes.
- Serve the Pork Sauce hot together with boiled potatoes.