Prep 50 mins
Cook 39 mins
Pork Sate with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Make and share this Pork Sate With Peanut Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass, minced (from bottom 6 inches of stalk)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemongrass
- 3⁄4 lb pork tenderloin (See NOTE)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 jalapeno chile, minced
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes (8 inch)
- green onion top, Minced
- Mix 1 Tbsp lemon grass, 1 Tbsp lime juice, 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic in large bowl.
- Add pork; toss to coat with marinade.
- NOTE: Pork tenderloins should be trimmed, cut into 3-inch long, 1/2-inch wide, 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Let stand 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining 1/3 cup lemon grass, remaining 2 Tbsp lime juice, remaining 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 cup chicken broth, peanut butter, onion, coriander and jalapeno in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, whisking frequently.
- Transfer mixture to blender and puree.
- Strain into heavy small saucepan, pressing on solids with back of spoon; discard solids.
- Simmer until reduced to thick sauce consistency, stirring frequently, about 6 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat before using, thinning with more chicken broth if necessary.)
- Preheat broiler.
- Thread 3 pork strips on each skewer.
- Broil until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour sauce into bowl; set in center of platter.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
- Surround with pork skewers and serve.
- Serves 6 as an appetizer.