Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe by Jean-Georges Vongerichten Adopted 09/06
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce or 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder, preferably niman ranch (available at Whole Foods)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except pork and salt.
- Cut the pork into strips 1 1?.
- 2 inches wide, 3 inches long, and 1?.
- 8 inch thick, and thread onto skewers.
- Coat the pork with the marinade, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill until it is medium hot, and quickly cook the skewers until lightly charred on one side, then turn.
- Serve with a green salad.