Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Although this may be done under your oven broiler, but for the best flavor, barbecuing the pork satay seems to be the best way...Plan ahead this must marinate for 2-3 hours, also marinate time is prep time.
- 1 kg lean pork (cut into thin strips, about 12 cm long)
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut sauce, for dipping (not peanut butter, or any sauce you desire for the satay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the strips of pork in a glass bowl.
- Combine the garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, chillies, ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil and brown sugar.
- Pour over the pork; stir to coat evenly.
- Marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator.
- Thread the pork onto wooden skewers in a"S" shape, (make sure that the skewers have been soaked in water for 20 minutes).
- Cook over a medium BBQ or under a broiler for 10 minutes (turning frequently).
- Serve with store-bought or homemade peanut sauce.