Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Although this may be done under your oven broiler, but for the best flavor, barbecuing the pork satay seems to be the best way...Plan ahead this must marinate for 2-3 hours, also marinate time is prep time.
- 1 kg lean pork (cut into thin strips, about 12 cm long)
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut sauce, for dipping (not peanut butter, or any sauce you desire for the satay)
- Place the strips of pork in a glass bowl.
- Combine the garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, chillies, ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil and brown sugar.
- Pour over the pork; stir to coat evenly.
- Marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator.
- Thread the pork onto wooden skewers in a"S" shape, (make sure that the skewers have been soaked in water for 20 minutes).
- Cook over a medium BBQ or under a broiler for 10 minutes (turning frequently).
- Serve with store-bought or homemade peanut sauce.