Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Cut the pork into 3/4-inch cubes and combine with the soy sauce and steak sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hour, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, simmer the apricots in 3/4 c water for 5 minutes.
- Place the apricots and their cooking liquid in a blender container or food processor.
- Add peanut butter, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Reheat when ready to serve.
- Thread the marinated pork cubes on skewers. (If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water 2 hours before using.) Brush with remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Cook over hot coals or under broiler for 6 to 8 minutes, turning often.
- Serve with the warm apricot-peanut butter sauce for dipping.
- Double the meat portion of the recipe for 4 people.
- If you like, serve kabobs of mushrooms along with the pork.
- Thread small fresh mushrooms on separate skewers, brush with melted butter and grill or broil along with the pork.