Recipe by WendyMaq
From the South Beach Diet's "Daily Dish" (Phase 1). This tasty satay dish turns dinner into a festive event. The pork can be broiled or grilled; if you don’t have skewers, just broil the meat without them.
- 1⁄4 cup creamy natural-style peanut butter, no sugar added
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork cutlets, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips (about 3/4-inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to broil.
- Whisk together peanut butter, water, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and red-pepper flakes in a mixing bowl. Place pork in a separate mixing bowl, add 3 tablespoons of the peanut butter sauce, and toss to combine.
- Reserve remaining sauce.
- Thread pork onto skewers and broil 4 minutes per side. Place remaining sauce in dipping cups and serve with pork.