Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't know if anyone else will like this, but I do.
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sriracha hot chili paste (optional)
- 2 ounces sliced onions (or to taste)
- 3 ounces roast pork or 3 ounces boiled pork, chilled and sliced to sandwich thickness
- salt and pepper
- Spread both bread slices with mayonnaise.
- Spread pickle relish over the mayonnaise on both slices of bread.
- On bottom slice, lay pork slices, then onion slices on top of pork.
- Squirt optional Sriracha chili paste over the pork.
- Place top slice of sandwich over the pork.
- Carefully cut sandwich in half with very sharp knife, being careful not to pull the sandwich apart as you cut through the pork.
- To do this press down gently with hand on sandwich as you gently cut straight down without too much sawing motion through the pork.
- Pork will tend to resist cutting but just take it slow and it will go through.
- Once it is halved, serve on plate with your favorite accompaniments, such as potato chips and soft drink.
Great sandwich! I also would have never put these things together, but I am so glad you did, because it's a tasty way to use up leftover pork. Will definitely make this again, thanks!
Surprisingly delicious!!!!!! I would have never thought to put sriracha chili sauce on leftover pork tenderloin but it really tasted wonderful!!! I thought for sure I had pickle relish in my fridge but I guess I was out so I used pepperoncini peppers and they tasted great!!! This was a wonderful flavor surprise sandwich, thanks for posting!!!!!