Recipe by Jewelies
Pork served in lettuce cups. This is a magazine clipping that I've had for years.
Top Review by Bronny
So Delicious - I lived in Asia for 12 years and this is fairly authentic, yes adding some chili gives it an extra zing - I have made this about 4 times now for family and friends - even fussy eaters like this one
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic (fresh or jar)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 500 g pork mince (ground pork)
- 230 g water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 iceberg lettuce, torn into 8 cups
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 small carrot, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok and cook ginger, garlic and onions over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add pork and chestnuts and cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in sauces and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce cups topped with bean sprouts and carrot.