Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
one for those summer bbq's
- 2 (300 g) pork fillets, trimmed
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- Preheat a barbecue hot plate to medium heat. Brush pork with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the hot plate and cook for 15 minutes, turning occasionally (this will give a slightly pink centre). Remove, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to bring to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped herbs in a small bowl. Place pork on a piece of baking paper and spread with mustard. Sprinkle mixed herbs over pork, rolling the pork and pressing gently into the herbs to cover the entire surface.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed or cut into slices and serve.
- Notes & tips:.
- We were once told to cook pork until it is well done but improved meat quality means pork is now at its best served slightly pink in the middle. If you do not have a barbecue, pan fry the pork fillet over medium-high heat or on a stove top grill for 10 minutes, turning until browned.