Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
From Cooking Light; looks like a nice fall dinner. Prep time includes soaking the beans.
Make and share this Pork Roast With White Beans and Cranberries recipe from Food.com.
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven.
- Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; cover and let stand 8 hours. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle roast with 1 t salt and pepper.
- Rub surface of roast with 4 t minced sage.
- Heat a Dutch oven over med high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add roast to pan; cook for 15 min, turning to brown on all sides.
- Remove roast from pan.
- Add shallots to pan; saute 3 min or til tender.
- Return roast to pan.
- Add remaining 1/2 t salt, beans, 5 cups water, and sage sprigs to pan; bring to a simmer.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 2 hours. Add cranberries and bake another 30 min or til tender.
- Remove sage sprigs; discard.
- Remove roast from pan; shred meat with 2 forks.
- Sprinkle with remaining minced sage.
- Serve roast with bean mixture.
This is a great recipe! I have made it twice and the second time, I did it in the crock pot. It turned out perfect both times.
Super yummy! The sage with the pork was perfect!! This didn't really need the beans or cranberries, and it cooked dry. I added water to save the beans. Very salty. Very tasty though. The pork was a huge hit, and those of us who like beans, used the gravy. LOVED the fresh sage, mine was cut from garden, washed and used. super good herbs