Recipe by silky
A Sunday dinner that will receive rave reviews. Succulent roast and a delicious stuffing.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup peeled and chopped tart apple
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb well-seasoned sausage meat
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pork crown roast, about 8 to 9 lbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and add onions, celery and apples.
- Cook until soft.
- Add crumbs, then add ground pork, sausage, and seasonings; mix thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper crown roast generously.
- Rub with a little sage.
- Fill center of crown roast with stuffing, mounding center slightly.
- Cover with foil and wrap bone ends with additional foil.
- Roast in hot oven for 3 hours or until meat thermometer reads 175 degrees.
- About 30 minutes before roast is done, remove foil from stuffing.
- Transfer roast to a large heated platter and remove foil.
- Add frills to each little leg if desired, and rest meat about 10 minutes before carving.
- Decorate roast on platter with a round of small potatoes, large mushrooms, or cooked red cabbage.