Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is delicious, especially with cooked apples or applesauce. Leftovers make great sandwiches!
Make and share this Pork Roast With Herbed Pepper Rub recipe from Food.com.
- Pat pork dry with paper towel.
- In a small bowl, combine all rub ingredients well and apply to all surfaces of the pork roast.
- Place roast in a shallow pan and roast at 350 degrees F for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes (18-20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature registers 155 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Serves 6-8, with leftovers.
I found this recipe in The Costco Connection this month and gave it a try today. The rub was mixed together and sprinkled over a cookie sheet. The roast was actually rolled in the rub and completely coated. The meat was allowed to stand about 30 minutes before turning on the oven. Once the oven preheated as directed the meat was placed in the oven and roasted. The rub makes a beautifully delicious crust. This was served with Bill's Roasted Vegetables and Golden Saffron Pear Chutney. Something I will save to make again. Made for It's Tapped - Celebrate The Diabetic Oktoberfest! in the Diabetic Forum.
Very nice rub! I didn't have time to let it sit, but roasted the pork right after applying the rub. It still was very flavorful. Too much pepper for me, but I am a lightweight when it comes to pepper and my husband loved it. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
Good easy rub. The whole family enjoyed since it wasn't too spicy. Some rubs my children won't eat... Thanks for sharing.