Recipe by Rita~
Fork tender pot roast can be made in a crock pot just brown then transfer to crock pot with rest of ingredients. Left overs can be forked to make BQed pork sandwiches. The eggplant melts into the sauce so the kids won't know it there. A very hearty dish!
Top Review by Marie
This is a good way to do a pork roast. Loved the veggies (especially the eggplant)incorporated into the tomato sauce. Sauteed the veggies a little before adding tomato sauce and wine, used only 1/2 cup of wine, 1 tablespoon of salt and left out the sugar - those are the changes I made. Very tasty. Thanks Rita!
- 2 lbs pork loin roast
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3 cups tomato sauce (Home made or your favorite)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup good white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix seasoning together except for bay leaves.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly dust with seasoning mix.
- In a large hot dutch oven place pork loin fat side down and brown well turning to do all sides. If the pork loin is lean use oil in pan.
- As sides brown then sprinkle remaining seasoning over browned sides.
- Add wine, onions, eggplant, garlic, carrots and bay leaves.
- Toss then pour sauce over everything.
- Place in oven and give a stir about 1 hour into roasting.
- Bake an other 1-2 hours.
- Till fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh basil serving over pasta of choice.