1/4 Photos of Pork Roast With Eggplant and Carrots Ragu
3 hrs 15 mins
Fork tender pot roast can be made in a crock pot just brown then transfer to crock pot with rest of ingredients. Left overs can be forked to make BQed pork sandwiches. The eggplant melts into the sauce so the kids won't know it there. A very hearty dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork loin roast
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3 cups tomato sauce (Home made or your favorite)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup good white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Mix seasoning together except for bay leaves.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Lightly dust with seasoning mix.
- 4In a large hot dutch oven place pork loin fat side down and brown well turning to do all sides. If the pork loin is lean use oil in pan.
- 5As sides brown then sprinkle remaining seasoning over browned sides.
- 6Add wine, onions, eggplant, garlic, carrots and bay leaves.
- 7Toss then pour sauce over everything.
- 8Place in oven and give a stir about 1 hour into roasting.
- 9Bake an other 1-2 hours.
- 10Till fork tender.
- 11Garnish with fresh basil serving over pasta of choice.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Roast With Eggplant and Carrots Ragu
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.6
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 122.5 mg
- Sodium 1136.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 46.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: