Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Haven't made this yet, but the sauce sounds divine.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine or 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Trip fat from pork roast.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Put pork roast in crock pot. Mix together the remaining ingredients (except sauce ingredients). Pour over roast.
- Cook on low 7 hours or until tender.
- Remove pork and keep warm. Skim fat from juices in crock pot (optional). Stir in half and half and mustard. Cook on high 15 minutes or until slightly thick.