7 hrs 15 mins
6 hrs 30 mins
Just right for a fall evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 1/2 lbs pork loin roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ounce assorted fresh wild mushroom, stemmed and cleaned
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tart firm fleshed apple, sliced (Pippin)
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1Add oil to a large saucepan over med-high heat.
- 2Add in pork; cook, turning, for about 15 minutes, until evenly browned on all sides; transfer meat to the slow cooker.
- 3Add onion to the pan; saute in the oil for about 7 minutes, until it just begins to brown.
- 4Add in the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, until tender.
- 5Add in the apple juice and wine; cook for 10 minutes, until reduced by half, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 6Pour the sauce and vegetables over the roast.
- 7Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours, until the meat is very tender and has reached and internal temperature of at least 165°.
- 8Remove the roast from the slow cooker and set aside on a plate.
- 9Add the cream and apple to the juices in the slow cooker; stir well.
- 10Return the meat to the slow cooker and continue cooking on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- 11Remove pork from slow cooker and cut into serving slices.
- 12Arrange pork on plates and spoon the sauce and apples; garnish each serving with the walnuts and serve at once.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Roast With Apples, Cider, and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1134.3
- Calories from Fat 678
- Total Fat 75.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 311.3 mg
- Sodium 192.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 87.5 g