Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I had a hankering to make a pork roast with apple and this is what I came up with. I hope you like it.
- Cut apple in half.
- Slice one half fairly thin and put on the bottom of a roaster.
- Place the pork roast on top of the sliced apples.
- Slice second half of apple thinly and put on top of the pork roast.
- Slice onion into rings and put on top and around the roast.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the pork roast.
- Put pork roast into the oven at 325F.
- Every half hour or so baste the roast with the juices.
- Cook for as long as the roast is big.
- Take out and let rest approximately 15 minutes before cutting.
Well, of course I did make a few changes. I was planning fried apples as a side dish so didn't use the apple with the roast at all. Didn't have apple cider vinegar - used apple juice. Left out the garlic because my Italian stallion doesn't like garlic (go figure!). No dill either. Lined my 9x13 pan generously with foil for easier washing :-) BUT -- it turned out great! Thanks for the starter suggestions!
Yum. Very tender and moist pork roast. I wound up adding 1/2 cup of water to the pan as the roast I had didn't have much drippings on its own for basting. I also added some cream sherry to the drippings in the last 30 minutes to make a delicious gravy for it. It was definitely a hit with my family.
Fantastic as always, Mum. Make it again soon!