Recipe by Bunsby
I had a hankering to make a pork roast with apple and this is what I came up with. I hope you like it.
Top Review by MommyOh
Well, of course I did make a few changes. I was planning fried apples as a side dish so didn't use the apple with the roast at all. Didn't have apple cider vinegar - used apple juice. Left out the garlic because my Italian stallion doesn't like garlic (go figure!). No dill either. Lined my 9x13 pan generously with foil for easier washing :-) BUT -- it turned out great! Thanks for the starter suggestions!
- 1 pork roast (any size)
- 1 apple
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut apple in half.
- Slice one half fairly thin and put on the bottom of a roaster.
- Place the pork roast on top of the sliced apples.
- Slice second half of apple thinly and put on top of the pork roast.
- Slice onion into rings and put on top and around the roast.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the pork roast.
- Put pork roast into the oven at 325F.
- Every half hour or so baste the roast with the juices.
- Cook for as long as the roast is big.
- Take out and let rest approximately 15 minutes before cutting.