Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
It seems the cranberry salesman has been working hard lately - they pop up everywhere. lol. Origins of this recipe unknown.
- 1360.77 g boneless pork loin roast, center-cut
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 226.79 g whole berry cranberry sauce
- 236.59 ml apple jelly
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml creole mustard (or spicy brown mustard)
- 9.85 ml dried thyme leaves
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- PORK ROAST: Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on pork roast. Place roast on a rack coated with cooking spray in roasting pan (or in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan).
- CRANBERRY GLAZE: Preheat oven to 425°F In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together chutney ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour chutney mixture evenly over pork.
- Bake for 20 minutes, baste the roast, and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°F,.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with apples and thyme sprig, if desired.
EXCELLENT!! Took a bit longer to cook though, but no problem
I liked this a lot! Had to have seconds! thank you!
This pork is soooo good! The sweet and savory glaze is a perfect match for the pork roast and kept it nice and juicy. I made this just as specified and look forward to trying it on the grill next time. This is a keeper - thanks for posting!