It seems the cranberry salesman has been working hard lately - they pop up everywhere. lol. Origins of this recipe unknown.
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast, center-cut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard (or spicy brown mustard)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- PORK ROAST: Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on pork roast. Place roast on a rack coated with cooking spray in roasting pan (or in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan).
- CRANBERRY GLAZE: Preheat oven to 425°F In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together chutney ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour chutney mixture evenly over pork.
- Bake for 20 minutes, baste the roast, and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°F,.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with apples and thyme sprig, if desired.