Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a simple pork roast that is relatively quick and quite simple, not to mention delicious
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In medium to large dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Rub pork shoulder with salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and sage.
- Brown pork on all sides.
- Once pork is browned, pour port and water into dutch oven, add potatoes, carrots, and parsnip.
- Cover and bake in oven for 1 1/4 to 2 hours, until instant read thermometer reads between 160 and 170 degrees in center of pork shoulder.