1/4 Photos of Pork Roast Provencale
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A busy day recipe that turns out tender and moist. I have made this recipe with boneless pork loin, boneless pork loin roast, and also with pork sirloin roast that has a bone in it-all are good. The timing here does not include MARINATING it overnight. If you prefer more of a lemony taste in your pork gravy, go ahead and increase the lemon juice. I also prefer the lower amount of thyme but you might want to up it. I marinate this in a small oven cooking bag that I plan on roasting it in. I like to serve it with roasted potatoes and baby carrots -I put that in for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tiny slits in the roast and push in some garlic.
- 2Place roast in small oven cooking bag.
- 3Combine chicken broth, all the lemon juice, oil, onion, bay leaves, thyme, and pepper; pour over roast.
- 4Put tie around bag, refrigerate overnight, and turn occasionally.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Remove bag from refrigerator, put into pan, and roast for 20 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- 7Remove roast from bag-cover with foil and let rest.
- 8Skim and discard fat from juices in roasting pan.
- 9Remove both bay leaves.
- 10Put liquid into 3 quart saucepan and heat up over medium setting.
- 11Put cornstarch and cold water into small jar, put lid on, and shake it up.
- 12Add cornstarch mixture to liquid in saucepan.
- 13Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 14Season with salt to your taste.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Roast Provencale
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 195.6 mg
- Sodium 292.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 63.8 g