Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My husband always requests this recipe. I cook it 11 hours so the meat barely holds together. Works for low glycemic index diets.
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs pork loin roast, boneless
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Rub into pork.
- Put potatoes in the crock pot.
- Place pork on top of potatoes.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
I used 3 pounds of beef brisket, doubled the sweet potatoes and forgot about the fennel seeds. 12 of us sat down to Friday night dinner, could barely get up after stuffing our faces. There were hardly any leftovers!
Made the recipe "as is" and it is incredible! Don't forget the fennel seeds, it MAKES the recipe.
Absolutely wonderful! The pork was very tender, I also added baby carrots in the crock and they turned out great too. The pork was very tasty and fell apart!