1/7 Photos of Pork Roast-Meat As I Like It!
2 hrs 30 mins
Long time ago I was reading a book about monastery cooking from medieval times. Unfortunately I don’t have this book with me, but fortunately I’ve remembered some of the recipes. This is one I make quite often and you can eat it warm or cold. Very convenient for parties (cut it into thin pieces), you can serve it cold and keep it 2-3 days in refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First cut the garlic into sticks. Pierce the meat with thin knife an put into holes garlic sticks, rosemary leaves and cloves to cover the whole roast-meat.
- 2Season with salt, pepper and thyme all over the roast-meat, cover with olive oil and put the whole peeled onion aside. If you have surplus of clove, stick them into onion.
- 3Put the whole pot into hot oven (220°C). The best is to have a clay pot. Bake it for 2 hours (usually: 1 kg=1 hour).
- 4When ready, remove the bones (if any), cut the meat across and serve.
- 5If you decide to have it cold, wait until cools and cut into thin pieces.
- 6Serve with baked potato you cam bake wit the roast meat, but than put the potato 40 minutes before end.
- 7Important to know: change temperature during baking: first 30 minutes on 220°C, than 1 hour on 180°C, and than again on 220°C Don’t eat the onion, just throw it away. You can also make sauce from dripping.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Roast-Meat As I Like It!
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1053.6
- Calories from Fat 619
- Total Fat 68.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 286.6 mg
- Sodium 204.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 98.4 g