1/4 Photos of Pork Roast Guadeloupe (Caribbean)
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found on the internet site recipeisland.com. Preparation time does not inclued the time needed for the meat to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup beef broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed (yes, again)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1To make the marinade, combine water, onion, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, jalapeno pepper, the 1/2 teaspoon of crushed dried thyme, salt & pepper.
- 2Place pork loin in a plastic bag & pour the marinade over the pork loin. Close the bag securely & put the meat in a bowl in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours, occasionally rotating the bag to allow the marinade to coat the meat.
- 3About 10 minutes before the marinating is finished, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4When finished marinating, take the pork loin out of the bag & put it on a rack in a roasting pan, while setting aside the marinade.
- 5Roast the loin for at least 50-60 minutes or until desired doneness (at least 165 degrees on a meat themometer).
- 6Remove meat from the pan & cover with foil, letting it stand for 10 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile strain the remaining marinade into a small sauce pan.
- 8Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of the beef broth, then pour this broth mixture in with the strained marinade, along with the 2 teaspoons of sugar & the 1/4 teaspoon of crushed dried thyme.
- 9In a small container combine the rest of the beef broth with the cornstarch, then add this to the sauce pan, cooking & stirring until thickened & bubbly, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, then remove from heat.
- 10Slice the meat & serve it with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Roast Guadeloupe (Caribbean)
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 301.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 24.9 g