Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place pork in self-sealing bag.
- In blender, pulse parsley, onion and garlic until minced.
- Add remaining ingredients; process to blend.
- Add mixture to bag; seal and toss to coat pork.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove pork from bag; discard marinade.
- Place pork on wire rack inside roasting pan; bake 15 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees; continue cooking until internal meat temperature reaches 155 degrees, about 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
I don't give many five-star ratings, but this recipe deserved it. It's delicious and simple to make.
Note for the time-strapped: I only had time to let the roast marinate for an hour, so instead of discarding the marinade as instructed, I poured it into the baking dish and let the roast cook in it. The roast turned out great!
We froze the roast in the marinade, put the whole thing in a crockpot (still frozen) went to work came home to a great meal!
This was delicious! I only had a 2.5 lb roast but still needed the full time to cook. It was very juicy. Loved the mixture of the red pepper & lemon, it was really flavorful. Will definitely make again. Will probably add some potatoes & veggies next time to soak in the marinade flavor. I did make the marinade last night & let it sit overnight & all day. My husband cooked it & I had it waiting when I came home from WW. The house smelled incredible. Had it with pasta & roasted asparagus.