5 hrs 5 mins
This is my mom's traditional pork roast recipe. Although it is so simple, I felt the need to post. This roast makes a wonderful gravy too. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275-300 degrees F, depending on your ovens temperment.
- 2Season 1 (4-5 lb) bone-in pork roast with salt and pepper. Use more or less in order to cover roast.
- 3Place roast in a covered roast pan (I like to use the blue speckeled metal roasters). Bake for approximately 2 hours.
- 4Remove pan from oven and place onion slices on top and sprinkle with whole all spice, about 10-15 balls. Add approximately 1/2" water to pan, cover.
- 5Continue to cook roast in oven for 3 more hours. Roast will be falling apart but still moist.
- 6For gravy: Remove roast from pan. Heat juice in bottom of pan till boiling (if not stove top friendly, transfer to cooking pan). Mix together about 1/4 cup of flour and 1/2 cup water or more to form a fairly thin thickening agent and slowly add to boiling juice, stirring vigorously. Once desired consistancy is met, remove from heat and strain into gravy boat. Salt and pepper to taste. You may want to spoon some of the grease off the top or use a gravy divider.
- 7Serve with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 611.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bone-in pork roast