Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork (about 2 pork chops)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, optinal
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a saucepan, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, pork, peppers, Italian seasoning, salt if desired, and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
Another awesome weekly staples!