4 hrs 30 mins
Kiersten Phae's Note:
Another recipe from my sister-in-law. She made a version of this over Christmas and they were delish. They sound like a lot of work, but it isn't. Serving Size depends on the size of ribs. The time to make varies by how long you let it marinade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 racks of baby-back pork ribs
- 4 stalks lemongrass
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 shallots, peeled
- 2 thai bird chiles, stemmed, halved & seeded
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small Thai chile, stemmed, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden brown sugar
- 3 large fresh cilantro stems
- sesame seeds (Garnish) (optional)
- 1For the Marinade:.
- 2Trim bottom ½ inch from lemongrass stalks and discard.
- 3Starting from bottom, thinly slice remaining lemongrass until rings are no longer tinged with pink; discard remainder of each stalk.
- 4Place lemongrass in small processor and mince finely.
- 5Add sugar, oil, shallots, and chiles; process until finely minced.
- 6Add fish sauce until blended.
- 7Cover and chill at least 2 hours (better overnight) in a Zip bag.
- 8For the Sauce:.
- 9Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 10Add shallots, garlic, ginger and chile. Saute until soft about 3 minutes.
- 11Mix ketchup and all remaining ingredients.
- 12Bring mixture to boil; reduce heat to low.
- 13Simmer 20 minutes.
- 14Transfer sauce to blender and puree until smooth.
- 15To prepare the Ribs:.
- 16Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 17Place ribs bone side down, atop rack on rimmed baking sheet.
- 18Roast for 1 hour.
- 19Brush ribs generously on both sides with some honey-hoisin sauce.
- 20Roast 15 minutes.
- 21Brush ribs again with honey-hoisin sauce.
- 22Roast another 15 minutes.
- 23Cut ribs up and brush the ribs with the remainder of the honey-hoisin sauce.
- 24Add toasted sesame seeds over ribs, optional.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Ribs With Honey - Hoisin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 2544.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 41.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh cilantro stems